Abstract submission will reopen in January 2022!
The Scientific Program Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for the 16th International Symposium on Dendritic Cells. The new key dates for abstract submissions will be announced in due course. The DC2022 symposium will provide scientists and researchers with the opportunity to present, discuss and critique their investigations. If you are involved in DC research, we urge you to submit an abstract for presentation consideration. The oral and poster sessions will be designed around accepted abstracts.
- DC Development & activation
- Antigen presentation
- Immunity to infection
- Tumour immunology
- Barrier immunity
Modes of Presentation
At the time of submission, you will be asked to select your preferred mode of presentation. However, not all requests can be accommodated, and the final mode of your presentation will be selected by the Scientific Program Committee. Every effort will be made to honour poster only presentation requests. The DC2022 Symposium will include presentations in the following modes:
The number of Oral Presentations we can accommodate in the program is limited and will be selected by the Organising Committee in consultation with Session Chairs and/or the Scientific Program Committee. Selected presentations may be allocated to Symposia or Workshop sessions. Their duration will be advised to the presenters at the time of selection.
The Poster Presentations will be displayed on a poster board without any audio-visual equipment. Poster presentations will be allocated to specific sessions to be advised at the time of selection.
Abstracts Rules and Guidelines
- Individuals may only submit one abstract as the presenting author but may be listed as a co-author on multiple abstracts
- Presenters must disclose any potential conflict of interest
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to reject submitted abstracts and to reclassify abstracts submitted to a particular theme into a different theme.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site. Faxes, photocopies or emailed copies will not be
- You must receive the approval of all co-authors before including their names on the abstract.
- Abstracts will be reviewed after the submission deadline of 8 April 2022. Presenters are not permitted to modify their abstracts after this date.
- You may withdraw your abstract at any time until 8 April 2022, without notifying DC2022, through the abstract submission site. Abstracts withdrawn after 8 April 2022, must be withdrawn using the ‘Contact Symposium Manager’ function via the abstract submission portal. Requests not submitted via the portal will not be considered
All presenters must agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Affirm that any work with human or animal subjects reported in the abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures found in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association, and the research project has been duly cleared by an Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Ethics Committee or an equivalent ethical body
- Abstracts will be made available in electronic format to meeting participants only.
- Agree to pre-register for the meeting and pay the appropriate registration fee by the presenter pre-registration deadline of 12 July 2022. Failure to pre-register by 12 July 2022 will result in the following:
– The abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the Program Book and the Online Abstract System.
– The submitter will not be allowed to present their abstract at the Symposium.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if my abstract was successfully received? If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. You will be able to view a proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following successful submission of your abstract.
- Is there a word limit imposed on abstract titles? Yes, abstract titles must not exceed 10 words.
- Is there a word limit imposed on abstract text? Yes, main abstract text must not exceed 300 words. The word count does not include the title, authors’ names or their affiliations.
- Can I change my selected theme after I complete my submission? Yes, you may return to your submission at any time prior to the abstract submission deadline to change the selected theme. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
- What is the abstract deadline? 8 April 2022 (11:59 p.m. AEST).
- Can I make changes to my abstract text after the deadline? No. No change is allowed after the deadline.
- If I forget to add an author, can I do so after the abstract deadline? Yes, you can still add an author if necessary, by emailing the Meetings Managers. However, please make every attempt to add all authors during the abstract submission
- Can I submit more than one abstract presenter? DC2022 permits authors to submit one abstract only as a presenting author, but you may be listed as a co-author on more than one abstract. If you submit more than one abstract as a presenter, you will be asked to delete one of the submissions. If your response is not received, one of the submissions will be automatically removed.
- When I submit my abstract, how do I indicate my mode preference (oral or poster)? You will be asked to indicate your preference at the time of submission. While every attempt will be made to meet your preference, the number of abstracts that can be selected for oral presentation is limited. The Organising Committee makes the final decision regarding presentation
- Should I put the abstract title, authors and affiliations in the main text of my abstract? These items will be collected separately during the abstract submission process.
- Is there a limit on the number of co-authors that I can add to my abstract? No.